Friday, August 22, 2014

Girlactik Matte Lip Paint Review!

Hi beauties!!!! Yes, I'm alive. I'm not even going to get into my lack of posts, shame on me, I know! The good news is I'm very alive and active on Instagram :) Recently I made it to 20,000 followers which is mind-boggling because that number continues to increase (by the thousands) every week and I am so humbled and thankful for all my supporters!

Now, onto the star product of this post...Girlactik Matte Lip Paints!

I wasn't very familiar with the company when they sent me a few products to test out but boy am I glad I am now because I am OBSESSED. First things first yes, these products were sent to me and YES, I will give you my honest opinion.
Just a little side note, I get sent many products and I DO NOT do blog post reviews for many of those sent products. Only the ones I feel deserve the recognition and the ones I back up 100%. 

Moving on, these lip paints are pretty much a long wearing matte lipstick in a liquid formula. They go on creamy and dry mate within one minute. I can usually get away without reapplying this for hours, literally hours. However, when I eat I seem to eat the lipstick as well but that happens with every lip product (even stains). This brand is also cruelty free which is always a plus!!!
There isn't much color selection (only 4 products) but that is not a problem for me. I love that all 4 lip paints compliment every skin tone, this is a plus for any makeup brand who can generalize their products to a variety of people. One thing to keep in mind as you scroll through the swatches below is that I have fair/light skin and how it looks on my lips and compared to my skin tone might look different with someone who is darker than me DUH! You would be surprised how many people comment on my lipstick swatches saying "Hey, it doesn't look like that on my lips." The good news is all women know what looks best on them so it won't be difficult for you to recognize which of these 4 shades will compliment your skin tone most.

Ok now lets move onto Pros & Cons:

Pros:
  • Pigmented
  • Light-weight 
  • Creamy 
  • Long staying power
  • Does NOT smear
  • Packaging is simple & convinient 
  • Applicator is convenient 
  • You DO NOT need an additional lipliner
Cons: 
  • If you do not exfoliate or have exfoliated lips this will flake on you...as will everything else you apply on your lips. So, exfoliate your lips ladies!!!
  • Little color selection 
  • Must re-apply after eating
As you can see the pros outweigh the cons!!!!

Now onto the important stuff...the product itself :)




This applicator is SOOOOOO convenient as I mentioned before. I usually hate the applicators that most lip paints or lip glosses come with but this one is a winner!

When you first apply it's glossy...

After a few seconds it becomes matte!

"Starlet"

"Iconic"

"Demure"

"Allure"

All of the pictures above were taken in natural light & all of the pictures are original!

Tips on the perfect lip application:
1. Make sure your lips are exfoliated. 
I would suggest the lip scrub from Lush or just make your own at home all you need is sugar and olive oil. Gently rub it in circular motions onto your lips and wash away.
2. Apply a thin layer of the lip paint & wait a few seconds for that layer to dry. 
3. Apply a second coat for maximum opaqueness and color richness. 
I can get away with one coat because the product is so pigmented but I like to do 2 so the color looks richer. 
4. Wait for your lips to completely dry and you are ready to take on the day. 

You can purchase these products either in store or online. The brand is in select high end makeup stores and also select Rite Aids that ave been remodeled to be luxury stores with a prestige makeup area. Visit them at http://girlactik.com or follow them on any of their social media accounts that are located at the upper right hand side of their website. 
Happy Shopping beauties!

P.S. stay tuned for another detailed review of the Girlactik Le Creme Lipstick Collection + swatches ;)

As always I hope you enjoyed this blog post & talk to you guys soon! XOXO

Email: fortheloveof_makeup@yahoo.com
Instagram: @fortheloveofmakeupbaby

-Love Greta! Mwah!






No comments:

Post a Comment